How to Pick Perfect Shoes for Travelling
Whether traveling for pleasure or work, the effort and hope of the traveler are for the travels to be smooth and comfortable, without any hitches or discomfort. Shoes are one of the most critical items among the usual travel essentials. Shoes keep the feet protected and safe from injuries, strain, and wear and tear while taking us from one place to another.
Naturally, a comfortable pair of shoes is the top priority while shopping for branded shoes for men and women. Finding the right pair of shoes, at times, can be like finding a needle in a haystack, especially if one chooses them without knowing the parameters that mark a pair of shoes as good quality and comfortable.
The three essential attributes of the perfect pair of shoes are that they should be comfortable, durable, and lightweight. To begin with, keep in mind these critical points:
- If you are buying a new pair of shoes for a trip, do not hesitate to shell out a little extra money to invest in a quality pair. Quality does not come cheap, and spending on a good pair of branded shoes for men will be a worthy investment that will last longer.
- If you are carrying shoes from your existing collection, pick the ones you wear every day comfortably. Ensure they are in good condition, as you do not want them to disappear during your travels.
- If visiting a place where it is raining or snowing or the trip involves more outdoor activities, picking waterproof shoes will be prudent.
Choosing the perfect shoes for traveling
1. Comfort: The primary priority while choosing shoes for traveling is comfort, as you will be on the go throughout the trip, and packing in excess can be cumbersome and exhausting, especially if you are traveling by air, where excess weight is not allowed. Choose shoes that do not have a bite or any spots that rub uncomfortably.
2. Support: Comfortable shoes do not necessarily provide the support your feet need while traveling and spending much of your time on your feet. Choose shoes with cushioned, supportive insoles softly edged at the ankles and roomy enough for your toes not to get squished. The best would be to break in a new pair of shoes before you travel by taking them on a test drive to experience their support and comfort.
3. Lightweight: Traveling can be a hectic experience, especially when traveling for work, where one is zipping from one place to another trying to accomplish maximum work quickly. Heavy shoes will make their comfort and support useless with the excess weight weighing your feet down.
4. Durability: A good-branded pair of shoes has better quality and durability, which will accompany you on your trip and last longer. Opt for shoes with rubber soles for their durability and grip, which will protect you from slipping on smooth floors in airports and stations. Now you can get good rubber-soled branded shoes for men for all occasions, whether formal, casual, or outdoor activities.
5. Sensibility: Choose a sensible pair to wear while traveling to see you through all the wear and tear on airports or train stations when you will be rushing through on varied surfaces like escalators, elevators, stairs, floor runners, etc., not to mention the possibility of spills, tucks, and being stepped on by fellow travelers. A hardy, sturdy pair with comfortably rugged soles and uppers that are easy to clean and maintain. Avoiding embellished or patent leather shoes while on the run
6. Versatility: Since carrying multiple pairs of shoes while traveling is not practical, choose shoes that go with various outfits and are fit for formal and casual wear. We suggest packing three pairs in primary neutral colors, with one of them for formal wear, one for semi-formal to everyday wear, and one comfortable for walking. Carry shoes as per the weather condition of the place you are visiting; for instance, pack warmly lined shoes for cold weather and fur-lined waterproof boots in snowy weather.
7. Best time to choose: The best time to go shoe shopping for branded shoes for men is at the end of the day when your feet are tired and slightly swollen after a hectic day so that you can choose shoes that will be comfortable for your feet during an active and hectic travel schedule. Try them on with socks to account for the extra room required for the thickness of the socks.
Do not forget to pack sports shoes for sightseeing or outdoor activities and slippers to give your tired feet space to breathe and comfort at the end of a tiring day.
Hits: 3898 | Leave a comment